Dear all,

I am conducting a survey on the lab-to-lab sample referral practices in UK
laboratories. The survey can be found at
http://www.survey.leeds.ac.uk/labtolab  and your time will be very much
appreciated.

My project is examining the solutions for electronic information systems for
laboratory test referrals. The project is supported by Dr Rick Jones, IT
Lead, Leeds and Bradford Pathology Services and the Yorkshire Centre for
Health Informatics (http://www.ychi.leeds.ac.uk). It is extending projects
from 05/06 by students of the School of Computing, University of Leeds and
in particular is looking at the IT issues related to the logistics of sample
transfer including costing and automated sample tracking.

If you are not the right person in your organisation to answer this survey
please pass this e-mail along to people who may be able to answer it. Whilst
the primary focus is on UK laboratories I am also very interested in
summary of the results on completion of this survey please provide your
e-mail address at the have any  end of the survey. I would be happy to
answer any queries about the project (http://www.ychi.leeds.ac.uk/labtolab).

Many thanks for your time.

Justin Williamson
Level 3 Student - BSc Computing for Medical and Health Sciences
School of Computing
University of Leeds