As a "born-again" or "neo" Shakespearean I would like to highly recommend Diana Henderson's lecture "Collaborations with the Past: Reshaping Shakespeare Across Time and Media" which MIT has on line at http://mitworld.mit.edu/video/418/ and which is well worth the hour or so it takes.

Nancy Adler mentioned Richard Olivier's seminars on Henry V's "inspriational leadership" which is really an artifact of 20th century re-intrepretations of Henry. Harold Bloom called Shakespeare's Henry "an amiable monster." Henderson addresses how we collaborate with the past to create images for the present. Certainly both Olivier's and Branagh's Henry V bear only a passing resemblance to the historical Henry and present a benign (if not loveable) Henry in a model of "inspirational leadership." Draw from art with caution and a critical eye on the intrepreter.

Anon.
Chris