See link:- http://www.equality2025.co.uk/the_role.html

Who(m) are representing the NeuroDiversity/ASD's voices?

I have already asked this question at CSIP/NIHME Yorkshire and Humbeside
Improving Life Chances event in York.

I will also asking the same question at the National Improving Life Chance
event in London too at end of month, in which I have now been given a place
with all my support needs met after complaining to the organisers,
especially Helen Steele, Programme Manager.

The NeuroDiversity/ASD 'voices' are a 'minority' voices within the disabled
peoples' movement and there is great problems within 'our' 'inclusion' for
reasons I have brought to all your attention on numerous occasions due to
the poor understanding of 'our' access needs being met.

The 'built-environment' is one urgent access issue that needs to be urgently
addressed if ND's/ASD's are going to feel fully 'included'.

This is also the same for disabled people living with 'mental distress/ill
health' who in my opinion 'voices' are all 'excluded' too within the
disabled people's movement.

The 'hierarchy-of-impairments' need to be discussed too within the Life
Chances events too.

Also what about sustainable 'housing' needs for all disabled people.
'Lifelong homes'?

Also an urgent issue for all disabled people is around
'reasonable-adjustments' within the DDA which need to be urgently addressed
within the Life Chances events, if all disabled people are going to feel
fully 'included' and have the legal protection of 'our' basic human rights
and civil liberties and social and economic 'justice'.

Yours

Colin Revell

http://www.msn.txt4content.com/

This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about the list administratione should be sent to [log in to unmask]
Archives and tools are located at: