Hi Mike and others

Coming back from holidays, I am able to discover quickly the first wave
of about 40 initial FP7 Calls, issued as foreseen just before Xmas;
http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/dc/index.cfm
at a first glance, I see no major difference in the possible subjects we
are interested in, only the deadline which appears to be rather far
(May, June 2007);
you have to discover the many documents attached to each one, starting
with the short "fiche", the work programme, etc; please also pay
attention to the list of your own NCP (national contact points) in each
topic;

* about "infrastructures" : *
Capacities*:  FP7-INFRASTRUCTURES-2007-1
<http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/dc/index.cfm?fuseaction=UserSite.CapacitiesDetailsCallPage&call_id=15>,
*Budget:* EUR 106 400 000 *, Deadline: *02 May 2007

after the Brussels meeting, we could consider first :
INFRA-2007-2.1.1: Design studies for research infrastructures in all S&T
fields
INFRA-2007-2.2.1.x: Preparatory phase for research infrastructures in
the 2006 ESFRI Roadmap

* about "space"
*Cooperation*: Space  FP7-SPACE -2007-1
<http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/dc/index.cfm?fuseaction=UserSite.CooperationDetailsCallPage&call_id=38>
Deadline: 19 June 2007,
 . Indicative budget1: 34.5 million EUR from 2007 budget

the terms "space weather " appear 3 times, page 13,  in paragraph
2. Action areas strengthening of foundations of Space science and technology
2.3 Research into reducing the vulnerability of space assets

* in  addition , here is once more some NASA "information", showing the
general interest for SW
/Evidence is mounting: the next solar cycle is going to be a big one./
FULL STORY at
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/21dec_cycle24.htm?list94828

once more, happy new year to everyone !
PG

*  Paul  GILLE
*  CNRS - LPCE -  Relations extérieures
*
*  Laboratoire de Physique & Chimie de l'Environnement
*  3A, avenue de la Recherche Scientifique
*  45071 Orléans  cedex 2
*  France
*
*  Tel: +33/0 - 2 38 25 52 06