LLN, le 24/01/07

Dear Lena,

Here is what I suggest:

(1) compute all your 1-level contrasts (e.g., [activation-baseline])
for each subject individually,

(2) port the corresponding con_* files to 2-level analyses using:

- 1-sample t-tests with a contrast set at [1] for each group separately;
- 2-sample t-tests with your two groups and a contrast set at [1 -1]
(or [-1 1] depending on what you're looking at).

May I also suggest to be careful with the "direction" of your
subtractions, both for the group effect ([patients-controls] or
[controls-patients]) and the task effect ([activation-baseline] or
[baseline-activation]). Especially for the latter, be sure that you
really do expect some areas to be more activated in the baseline than
in the "activation" task...

Hope this helps,

Mauro.

--
_____________________________________

Help fighting hunger: http://www.hungersite.com

Just click your mouse and sponsors of The Hunger Site donate a
serving of food to a person in need - at no cost to you.

______________________________________

Mauro PESENTI
Research Associate, National Fund for Scientific Research (Belgium)
Unite de Neurosciences Cognitives
Departement de Psychologie
Universite Catholique de Louvain
Place Cardinal Mercier, 10