Hi Doug;

I can't answer all the issues with this questions, but I wanted to point out
that sometime after SPM2 was released the basis function code was updated so
that the HRF and TD were orthogonalized to eachother. This may have affected
the sensitivity, although I would have expected the other way. In spm5 they
are also orthogonal.

Darren