Hello Leighton,

Thank you for the reply.

1) One can test spatial normalization results buy correlating the surface
boundaries of the registered image with template brain, i.e looking for a
match in the dimensions as well as the anterior portion and the posterior
portion in all the three orientations, or if I have fiducial markers in the
SPECT image then check that after spatial normalization the fiducial markers
are on the brain boundaries and not anywhere else. SO when I say "better" I
check all these parameters and then decide the result.
2) your suggestion of creating a template is good, but even to create a
template you have to get all the images in Talairach atlas, which you can do
through spatial normalization, so spatial normalization is a preliminary
step to create template and not the later step.

Not a problem to ask questions as we are all learning.

Abhinay