Sorry for a delayed contribution to this discussion, but I could read this exchange only recently.
Apart from a general agreement on the necessity of cognitive agents to model norm emergence and propagation, I would like to comment on a couple of statements that I am not sure how to interpret, and whether to agree with. See below both statements and comments.