Hi,

I read about an AHRC project that linked music composition and dreams
that may fit your requirement. It was reported in the latest issue of
their magazine Podium. See http://www.ahrc.ac.uk/images/Podium5.pdf

Best wishes

Julia

Julia Maddock
Community Press Officer

Particle Physics & Astronomy Research Council
Polaris House, North Star Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 1SZ, United
Kingdom
Tel +44 (0)1793 442094, Mobile 07901 514975
Fax +44 (0)1793 442002
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.pparc.ac.uk

>>> [log in to unmask] 22-Jan-07 1:02:31 pm >>>
Dear All,

I'm looking for information regarding the use of science by artists in
their work. However, I understand there are many artists who use science
to experiment with new types of media, whereas I'm looking for artists
who use their work either to measure changes in emotions (i.e. measuring
the use of certain colours, sounds or forms to elicit emotions) or have
used/use scientific evidence to construct art forms with the aim of
influencing feelings (whether positive i.e. happiness or negative i.e.
sadness).

Does anyone know of artists (of any form such as musicians as well)
that are using science in this manner to create art?

Many thanks,

Cato

send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:
set psci-com nomail
2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:
set psci-com mail
3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the
message:
leave psci-com
4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including
list archive,
can be found at the list web site:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html
5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication
and science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk

A disclaimer applies to all e-mails sent from PPARC Swindon Office.  For full text see http://www.pparc.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer.asp