poetry kit is great - i use it all the time

----Original Message Follows----
From: Jim Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Poetry kit
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 13:54:35 -0000

For those who follow these things.   Poetry Kit has had an unbelievable
year.   2 years ago I reported that the Poetry Kit Website had broken into
the top million sites in the world (verified by Alexia) and was regularly in
the top 8-900,000 in the world listing.  This is out of all websites which
is over 12 billion though Google only record 6 billion of those.

In 2006 Poetry Kit had just over 5 million visitors, that is visitors not
just hits. (hits give the wrong idea about a sites popularity).

we are regularly in the top 100.000 sites worldwide, including all the big
names and the gaming and sex sites which trick people into visiting.   On
Friday we hit site ranking 34,361, today we are at 72,294, which gives an
overall ranking over the past six months of 87,812  (which includes a month
in the summer when our stats were not recorded due to a server crash on my
end while I was away.

Most importantly of all we are now the highest ranked poetry site topping
out over poetry.com for the first time which has been an ambition for me for
quite a while.  Remember they advertise in national newspapers around the
world Poetry Kit does not use paid advertising and relies on word of mouth
and other site listings.

So if you have any poetry event, news or magazine publications you want to
share, please let us know at
[log in to unmask] .  We are a non profit organisation though we sell poetry
books through the website and I run on-line poetry courses.

Jim

Jim
http://www.poetrykit.org/jim/index.htm
www.poetrykit.org

Advertisement: Fresh jobs daily. Stop waiting for the newspaper. Search now!
www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT