Dear list, can I ask for your guidance upon a new area for me, dealing with workers in the stone cutting industry. I am aware of the need to undertake spirometry and skin surveillance but at what intervals.

Some of these chaps have apparently been cutting stone, albeit on a small scale basis once or twice a month, for 20+ years and have not received health surviellance of this type before.

Should you undertake the spirometry immediatley, 6weeks, 12 weeks, 6months then annually or, is it OK to just commence annual spirometry with the current questionnaire and test results as the baseline.

Many thanks

Elle