----- Original Message -----
From: Ann Lewins
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 4:27 PM
Subject: Advances in Qualitative Computing : 2nd Call for Papers

Apologies for cross-posting

Please forward this to anyone who may be interested.

CAQDAS 07 : Advances in Qualitative Computing

18-20 April 2007, Royal Holloway, University of London

2nd Call for Papers

The CAQDAS Networking Project are pleased to remind you that the deadline for abstract submissions foe CAQDAS 07 is 31st January 2007.

We are particularly interested in papers around the following topics, although we welcome submissions around any aspect of qualitative computing:

Techniques for data collection and conversion;
Impacts of software use on methodology and analysis;
The role of IT in facilitating multiple-method research;
Technologies and IT for the analysis of visual data;
Qualitative secondary analysis;
(Online) qualitative archiving;
Teaching methodology using IT;
IT tools for collaborative working.

The main conference website can be found here : http://caqdas.soc.surrey.ac.uk/conference/conference07.htm

The conference is broad in scope, addressing a range of issues relating to the use of IT in all aspects of qualitative research.

We have secured sponsorship from many leading CAQDAS developers who will be attending the conference and discussing their future developments.

Plenary speakers include Udo Kelle, Ray Lee, Nigel Fielding, Sarah Pink, Clive Seale and Alan Stockdale and there are also a number of seminar-style workshops being run by renowned experts.

The conference will be an opportunity for researchers, methodologists and developers to discuss the future of IT in qualitative research.

Please see the website for more info, or contact me

Many thanks and hope to see you in April.

Christina

Dr Christina Silver, Resource Officer

CAQDAS Networking Project

Dept of Sociology,  University of Surrey

GUILDFORD  GU2  7XH,  UK

email:   c.silver@ surrey.ac.uk

OR [log in to unmask]

CAQDAS web site:  http://caqdas.soc.surrey.ac.uk

Tel +44 (0)1 483 68 94 55

Fax +44 (0)1 483 68 95 51

DISCUSSION GROUP qual-software :  join information etc

see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/qual-software.html

CAQDAS NETWORKING PROJECT funded by the ESRC Research Methods Programme  to support the use of software in qualitative data analysis; co-directed by Nigel Fielding, Professor of Sociology, University of Surrey and Ray Lee, Professor of Social Research Methods at Royal Holloway, University of London