John Briggs' description of the  11th c. Fleury church is correct
except that all his past tenses should be present, because everything
is there now as he describes it.. I've attended the Morrow Mass
(without confusion) in the crypt, with the Benedictine community, and
paid my respects to Benedict, whether his remains are there or still
at Monte Cassino with his sister, as the Cassinese insist.

GHB

--
George Hardin Brown, Professor of English Emeritus
Department of English, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-2087

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]