East Lothian Museums have stuff on Flickr here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eastlothian

And on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/museumservice (not my choice - blame Angus)

Not MySpace, as most young people round here use Bebo, and I'm awaiting a response regarding setting up a Bebo site (terms of service imply that it's for individuals).

We are working on podcasts (I say 'we' but I actually mean 'Andrew, our Education Officer') - first one here:
http://www.eastlothianmuseums.org/wp/?p=28

...more in train working with a couple of schools (must chase him up on that when he gets back).

As Andy Wood noted, we use MP3 players (as well as mobile phones) for the audio tour at Prestongrange (and you can download it too).

We certainly qualify as a smaller museum, too. Feel free to get in touch if you want to know more.

Best wishes

Pete
--
Peter M Gray
Museums Officer

www.eastlothian.gov.uk/museums
www.eastlothianmuseums.org
www.prestongrange.org

> Dear All.
>
> I am in the process of organising a Museums Association
> conference exploring
> the potential of every-day technologies - MP3 players,
> digital cameras,
> mobile phones, the Internet - to create more personalised visitor
> experiences and am seeking feedback / help on two particular issues:
>
> 1.  On PodCasting, which UK museums are running in-house PodCasting
> programme?  Are any "smaller" museums using this medium, and
> / or do people
> find that most museums are using external companies to
> produce the PodCasts?
>  Certainly my experience appears to show a preference for the latter.
>
> 2.  And on the museum use of existing internet communities - MySpace,
> Flickr, YouTube, etc. - who (individuals or museums) are the
> leaders in this
> field, and could anyone point me towards particular trials /
> programmes that
> exist?
>
> Any help on the above two points greatly appreciated, though
> feel free to
> contact me with other ideas / museums (especially if
> regarding a non-London
> museum) but ASAP is of the essence - I am under quite a tight
> deadline to
> set the programme!
>
> Best, Loïc.

Email Disclaimer - East Lothian Council
the sender and ensure it is deleted and not read copied or disclosed
to anyone else. It is your responsibility to scan this email and any
attachments for computer viruses or other defects. East Lothian
Council do not accept liability for any loss or damage which may
result from this email or any files attached. Email is not secure and
can be intercepted, corrupted or amended without the knowledge of the
sender. East Lothian Council do not accept liability for errors or
omissions arising as a result of interrupted or defective transmission.