I find it amusing to read the promotional flyer from CILIP “Repositioning your NHS library service”.

It’s not the need for or content of the course which has amused me. It’s the cost after reading the opening line

“NHS budgets are severely constrained…………………..”

The cost of attending in the following scenario is staggering.

A non member from the north of England would need to fork out of their “severely constrained budget”

£622 plus VAT

£130 approx rail fare day1

£130 approx rail fare day 2

£90 approx accommodation in an Ibis or Travel Inn type option

That’s about £972-ish before you have a cup of coffee on the train etc

You don’t save that much by being a personal or institutional member.

I wonder if CILIP realize how much our budgets are severely constrained?

Regards

Steve Glover

Christie Hospital NHS Trust

Manchester (North of Watford)

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the person(s) ('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Paterson Institute for Cancer Research or the University of Manchester. It may contain information that is privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail as soon as possible.