From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Jacqueline Jacobs
Sent: 26 January 2007 09:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: patient at risk audit

I am not sure what you mean by patient at risk as it could be

1.    patients at risk of developing a particular illness or disease - and how to identify them to ensure preventative measures are put in place, this could relate to teenagers who might get pregnant, or those who are overweight developing diabetes or heart disease
2.    patients at risk from others, for example, children who may well be abused
3.    patients with long term conditions or who have complex health needs who might be at risk of ending up in hospital rather than being managed in the community
4.    patients being discharged too soon from hospital, at risk of being re-admitted

it is a big subject and I think you need to define it a bit more

sorry if this is not helpful, but you did ask

Jackie Jacobs
Knowledge Manager