   [With apologies for duplication - please forward as necessary]

National Library of Scotland Map Library - Temporary Closure - 3-17 March 2007

The NLS Map Library reading room will be closed for two weeks for essential building works from Saturday 3 March 2007 to Saturday 17 March 2007 inclusive. We shall reopen on Monday 19 March 2007.

During closure we hope to maintain (by letter, telephone, email and fax) an enquiry and copying service for most categories of maps, although some will not be accessible (see list below). There will be no reading room facilities for visitors, but we may be able to help with urgent enquiries by appointment. We shall post any photocopy orders which have not been collected by 2 March.

High resolution digital images of over 4000 early maps of Scotland are available on our website www.nls.uk/maps.

  Material which will not be available includes :

  Ordnance Survey maps of Scotland
    1:63360 (1 inch to 1 mile) : 1st-3rd editions
    1:10560 (6 inches to 1 mile) : 2nd edition & later
    1:10000 : most recent edition

  Ordnance Survey microfilm 1:1250, 1:2500
    (SIM, Superplan etc of Great Britain)
    Ordnance Survey digital mapping of Great Britain

  Map reference books, gazetteers & some atlases

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Chris Fleet
Deputy Map Curator
National Library of Scotland
33 Salisbury Place
EDINBURGH
EH9 1SL
United Kingdom.

Tel. 0131 623 3973
Fax. 0131 623 3971
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

View maps website: http://www.nls.uk/maps

Visit the National Library of Scotland online at www.nls.uk
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the ICT Helpdesk on
+44 131 623 3700 or [log in to unmask] and delete this e-mail.  The
statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the
author and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Library of
Scotland.  This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and has been
scanned by MessageLabs.