http://www.thedx.co.uk/
Hope this helps
Julie @Islington

-----Original Message-----
From: For interlibrary-loan and document supply services.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Document Delivery Service
University of Durham
Sent: 26 January 2007 17:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: delivery methods

Dear Pat,
	Still looking at alternatives to the regional van... I'm having
difficulty finding Hays DX's website and I wondered if you could help.
(I seem to remember vaguely hearing that they had split form DX so I
don't know what I'm looking for). Basically what I wanted to ask was -
would you have any idea how much Hays would charge for a 15kg parcel, a
2kg package and a 50kg (or 2x25kg) parcels? I'm trying to get prices for
our average, minimum and maximum consignments to BL.

	If you could then that would be brilliant. Anyway it's time to go home
- I hope you have a good weekend!

	Judith

Pat Stearman wrote:

> The contents of this email are confidential and are intended
> for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed.
>
> This header confirms that this email message has been
> successfully virus scanned.
>
> Any problems, please contact [log in to unmask]

> Hi Judith
>      Do I assume you're considering dropping out of the MLA NE transport
> scheme?  We find the combination of that for local and BL transport and
> Hays DX for the rest works well enough, with the post office for the odd
> things that can't go either way.
>
> Pat Stearman
> Resources Officer
> Hartlepool Borough Libraries
> 01429 523613
> www.hartlepool.gov.uk
>

> *Document Delivery Service University of Durham
> Sent by: "For interlibrary-loan and document supply services."
>
> 22/01/2007 15:36
> Please respond to
> "For interlibrary-loan and document supply services."

> cc
>
> Subject
> 	delivery methods
>

> Dear All,
>                 I'm currently looking into alternate ways of shipping books
> (specifically I'm looking at how we ship our returns to BL) and I
> wondered what couriers / delivery methods other libraries use?
>
> Also, how do other libraries cope with the patchy nature of your book
> returns - is it even a problem? Just looking over my statistics on
> average we return 9 books to BL every day, but this ranges from 2 in the
> very quietest times to 34 in the busiest. (I give the figures as per
> day, but a collection every other day would be quite feasible). Do you
> pay per weight with your courier, or is there a standard charge per
> collection?
>
> Yours,
>
> Judith Walton,
> Document Delivery Service,
> Durham University Library.

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain information
which is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is
prohibited by law and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please note any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately
if you have received this email by mistake and delete it from your
system.
Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information can be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message
which arise as a result of email transmission. If verification is
required please request a hard copy version.
Thank you for your co-operation.