The below news may be of interest to lis-e-journals readers.

SANTA CLARA, California-January 29, 2007-Atypon Systems, Inc. today
announced the appointment of Chris Beckett as Vice President of Sales &
Marketing. Chris will join Atypon on February 1, 2007, and will be
responsible for overseeing sales, marketing, and customer development.

Martin Marlow, who has driven Atypon's sales & marketing growth over the
last twelve months, will now be free to focus on other areas of corporate
development. He will also continue to lead the Atypon international office
in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.

Martin commented: "I am excited that Chris is coming on board to further
strengthen Atypon's senior management team. When he became available it was
a natural choice for me to talk with him about the opportunity to work at
Atypon, and I am delighted that he accepted. I now have the time to work on
developing other areas of Atypon knowing that, under Chris's leadership,
sales and marketing will continue its impressive growth."

Chris has over 25 years of senior executive experience in product
development and sales and marketing. He was a Co-Founder of Scholarly
Information Strategies, a consultancy that specialized in assisting
publishers, libraries and infomediaries to develop and deliver electronic
products and services. He has also worked for Blackwell Information
Services, CatchWord, and Ingenta; is a regular speaker at industry
conferences; and a qualified librarian.

Georgios Papadopolous, CEO of Atypon, said: "As our business continues to
expand we look to develop the corporate infrastructure to support the
growth. Chris is a hugely experienced and respected leader from within the
publishing industry, he will offer great value to Atypon. Martin has done an
excellent job getting the sales and marketing side of the organization to a
position where he can comfortably and reliably hand over the baton. I now
look forward to working closely with him on a number of strategic
initiatives and growth plans we have been discussing for some time."

Chris Beckett added: "This is an exciting time to be joining Atypon. They
have an exceptional team, and a reputation for building reliable, scalable,
and innovative solutions, demonstrated by an impressive list of clients. I
welcome the chance to work with Atypon's sales and marketing teams and the
challenge of further developing the business."

About Atypon
Since 1996, Atypon Systems, Inc. has provided software, hosting, and systems
development to the information industry, allowing publishers to grow their
business by providing superior technology and service that supports the
electronic exchange of scholarly information. Atypon's solutions include
Atypon Premium, a complete e-publishing solution for publishers who wish to
manage the entire process of delivering and managing their content online,
and Atypon Link, a cost effective, aggregated hosting platform for
publishers who require a well managed, outsourced e-publishing service. For
further information please visit www.atypon.com
Nash Pal
Strategic Marketing Manager
Atypon Systems, Inc.