Subject: [Fwd: Supporting Student Diversity: Report of the English
Language and Literacy Forum held on 29 June 2006]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:21:59 +0000
From: Sophie Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Are any of your team interested in this?

Many thanks

Sophie

Dear Colleagues, I am delighted to say that we have received some
additional Aimhigher funding to enable another practitioner event to be
held. This will take place on 28 June 2007 and invitations will be sent
out once we have an agreed programme. There will shortly be visits to
and discussions with FE and HE partners in the central London Aimhigher
network to find out what you would like to share at this second event
and to see if it is possible to identify clusters of interest around
particular themes for more in-depth work. The final report on the event
last June is attached, for the benefit of those who have not already
seen it. We will be providing a bound copy to all those who are able to
attend the next event, which might save you the trouble of printing this
off now. If you attended the 2006 Forum event I would also be very
grateful if you could check your details on the participant spreadsheet
– the second attachment to this email. There are still quite a few
blanks concerning your roles/ expertise. If we can get these filled in
then it will make networking easier.

Finally, if you would like to express interest in participating in the
2007 Forum on 28 June, feel free to reply to this email, simply saying
‘yes’.

Happy New Year

Denise Bates

Assistant Director, Widening Participation

The Open University in London

1-11 Hawley Crescent

London NW1 8NP

0207 556 6117

--

Sandra Sinfield Coordinator Learning and Language Development

The Learning Development Unit (LDU), London Metropolitan University,
North Campus, LC2-12, The Learning Centre, 236-250 Holloway Road, N7 6PP.

Direct line: call Sandra Sinfield: (020) 7 133 4045

For LDU City Campus, contact: [log in to unmask]
or call Pam Dorrington on: (020) 7 320 1125

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/college-of-london/ldu/