-----Original Message-----
From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Talya Bagwell
Sent: 11 January 2007 10:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Thankful Villages

Happy New Year Everyone, this is Somerset calling!

	I have been contacted by a highways colleague who has been asked
by a local councillor if  the term 'Thankful Village'  can be added to a
local village place sign.
I'm sure you are all aware that a 'Thankful Village' is one that had no
fatalities in the First World War (though whether this means people born
in the village or just resident at the time I'm unsure) and we have
about five in Somerset.
I am curious to know whether this term has been commemorated on any
other recent place name signs, roadside stones etc elsewhere in the
country.

Also, with regards to charging, I'd like to suggest a dental/doctor type
system of charging people for time wasted when they do not turn up for
HER appointments!

Regards,

Talya

Talya Bagwell
Historic Environment Record Officer
Visit the Historic Environment Record online
www.somerset.gov.uk/heritage

--
This communication is intended solely for the person (s) or organisation
to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged

Individuals are advised that by replying to, or sending an e-mail
message to Somerset County Council, you accept
that you have no explicit or implicit expectation of privacy.

In line with the Surveillance and Monitoring Policy, any e-mail messages
(and attachments) transmitted over the
Council's network may be subject to scrutiny.
The information in this message including any attachments may be confidential or privileged and is for the use of the named recipient only. If you are not the named or intended recipient you may not copy, distribute, or deliver this message to anyone or take any action in reliance on it. If you receive this message in error please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system