We would like to note the following session at
the 2007 EGU meeting in Vienna, Austria (15-20
April, 2007):

TS6.2   Continental wrench systems from top to bottom

Continental wrench systems are lithosphere-scale
structures that can be examined from top to
bottom using geological and geophysical methods
in active and exhumed orogens. This session will
examine highly oblique tectonic regimes (wrench,
transpression, and transtension) over a wide
range of depths and time scales to explore the
localization of geomorphic, deformational, and
thermal processes. We invite contributions from
field studies (tectonic geomorphology, active
tectonics, brittle and ductile structural
geology, metamorphic geology, thermochronology,
etc.), geophysical investigations (crust and
mantle anisotropy, etc.), as well as modeling and
experimental approaches to discuss the dynamic
feedbacks that may exist among processes from the
surface to the mantle.

Christian Teyssier and Gilles Brocard
Géologie et Paléontologie
Université de Lausanne