Sharing INSET replies received

Hello all,

About two weeks ago I asked for information on museums INSET provision and said that I would share all responses. Thank you all who have already replied sending great comments and tips, and if you didn’t have a chance but would still like to add any further comments please do so.

Following you will find my original request, the replies I had and our current INSET provision.

Original request:

Dear all list members,

I was wondering if anyone out there has information, which they might be willing to share, on Museum Inset days. I am looking for details on sessions for teachers and teacher trainees. We are currently rethinking our provision and would like to learn from others experiences.

Things like:

How long are your sessions – all day, half day, just a couple of hours..? At what time of day does it take place – any success with twilight sessions? Who delivers the session – ed. Officer, Explainers, Facilitators? What does it consist of - overview of the museum, some practical activity? How much does it cost?

But really, any input will be greatly appreciated, and I am happy to share with you what we have been doing up to now. If you prefer to send me a contact at your museum of someone that will be able to help me, I would also be very thankful.

Best wishes

Jane