Hi everybody,

I recently also encountered the error message "SVDCMP failed to converge
after 30 iterations" causing a crash in mfast for 2 channels.

After using the verbose level 5 setting, I saw that the parameter
estimation would be performed from slice 0 to 13117757, which seemed odd.
(I tested other datasets which stated something like "from 5 to 140" which
seemed more reasonable)

My matrix size was 192x192x20 using 0.75 mm isotropic voxels. Since I
suspected the problem to be in the z-direction, I simply interchanged the y
and z dimension yielding a 192x20x192 matrix and then it DID converge...

Although this is of course a very late response to the original question,
people encountering the same problem and looking it up in these archives at
least know that interchanging the dimensions could potentially solve the
problem. (or perhaps give the programmers an idea where to look for the
solution)

Cheers Peter