Hi,

I never use windows and so I'm not very familiar with details of the
cygwin FSL
version, but this looks like a problem with TCL/TK which has been
introduced with
the newest release of cygwin.  Steve can correct me on this if I'm
wrong.

On the FSL download page for Windows XP it says:

"Cygwin is (normally) extremely easy to install, but unfortunately
the latest Cygwin distribution is broken at present - it doesn't work
correctly with the latest TCL/TK/Tix, which FSL uses for the GUIs.
Therefore it is necessary, if you don't already have Cygwin
installed, to install a slightly older version of Cygwin. The
following steps are pretty easy - hopefully Cygwin will get fixed
soon and we can revert to the easier default Cygwin installation!

o Download the disk image (basically a single-file copy of the
original install CD) of the December 2005 build of Cygwin - save it
to your Windows desktop."
... etc.

as found on the page: http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fsl/windowsxp.html

If not, then I would uninstall your current cygwin and reinstall,
following the instructions
on the above webpage very carefully.

If you did follow these instructions carefully then let us know and
hopefully someone
that is more into windows than I am can help.

All the best,
	Mark