Dear Colleagues

I would like to bring to your attention the following permanent position
which is now available in the School of Engineering at Durham. The advert
states “Engineering Mechanics” but this definitely includes geotechnical
engineering, so please do not be put off! Further details available via
www.jobs.ac.uk or the Durham University Jobs webpage (URL below).

Please feel free to contact me if you want any further information on us,
facilities etc.

Lecturer in Engineering Mechanics
School of Engineering
£32,471 - £38,772 per annum
We are seeking to appoint an academic who will conduct research at the
highest level in theoretical, computational and/or experimental engineering
mechanics and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses close to that
area. Candidates should hold a doctorate in this field. Your research
interests will enable you to contribute to one or more of the key study
areas within the Advanced Mechanics Group in Durham University's School of
Engineering. The University has relatively generous Research Leave
arrangements where one can take one term in seven on sabbatical, subject to
approval.

Closing date:  23 February 2007.  Please quote reference:  1775.
Further details of the post and an application form are available on our
website (https://jobs.dur.ac.uk/) or telephone 0191 334 6499; fax 091 334 6495