Hi All,

Apologies for cross-posting.

I've been asked to do another quick survey on what, if any, application
people are using to timetable support staff (ie matching note-takers,
PAs, etc to student-sessions, and keeping track of changes).

We've used paper-based planning, then inputting this as a Word document
or spreadsheet, with some sorting/copying&pasting to create student
weekly timetable showing support staff allocated, or created work
schedules for the staff.  We have also used (in a fairly limited way so
far) TSDA scheduling database application (from Data Concepts in NZ),
either importing some information from University IS, or manually
inputting timetable information from students, and staff
availability/attributes.

We currently have about 30 Note-takers, 30 PAs, and similar numbers of
students working with them.  We also have dyslexia/disability strategy
support tutors - tutorials mostly scheduled using Outlook calendar.

What are folks out there using?  Please let me know on or off list.

Thanks,

Sheenagh

Sheenagh Hull
Disability Co-ordinator:
Deaf/Hard of Hearing Students & Note-taking Scheme
The Equality Service
Grd Floor Social Sciences Building
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
0113 343 7367 (voice) Please note this is a new number.
0113 343 2616 (minicom textphone only)
0113 343 3944 (fax)
www.equality.leeds.ac.uk