FYI...

cheers

Leif

-----Original Message-----
From: Earl G.P. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 January 2007 14:32
Subject: CAA UK Programme

Dear All,

Please find attached the programme for CAA UK. There are a couple of
details still outstanding but otherwise this is the finished article.
Thanks to all of you it is looking like a very full and interesting
programme! We have moved our keynote address by Sebastian Rahtz to the
Thursday and so the Wednesday evening will be a more informal affair.
Those of you arriving in Southampton on the Wednesday night are
encouraged to come along to the new archaeology building at the Avenue
Campus at 7pm to indulge in cheap wine drinking and a look at the new
facilities. A number of ex-MSc students will also be in attendance since
this year will mark our 20th year of the MSc in archaeological
computing.

Presentation

We will have a data projector and standard windows laptop with
powerpoint 2003. I cannot guarantee network access and in any case I
strongly recommend that you keep all visuals local. If you need to use
specific software then we can plug in your laptop to the projector - you
lucky Mac users please bring an appropriate adapter - although we would
prefer to keep this to a minimum. We will upload all the presentations
first thing so you will be able to check your presentation is working.
The presentations are allocated 20 minutes each, with questions either
directly after or at the end of each session.

The venues

The Avenue Campus is a 20-30 minute walk from the central station. There
is also a regular unilink bus service. The Tudor Merchant's Hall is only
a short walk from the central station. Similarly the museum is a short
walk from the hall. If you are driving there is pay parking in the
streets around the hall. There are also public car parks nearby. Parking
at the Avenue Campus in the evening is free.

Avenue Campus:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=avenue+campus+southampton&sll=
50.923489,-1.343422&sspn=0.078559 ,0.159645&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1&iwloc=addr

Tudor Merchants Hall:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=tudor+merchants+hall+southampt
on&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=A

God's House Tower:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=god%27s+house+tower+southampto
n&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1&iwloc=A

Central Station:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=central+railway+station+southa
mpton&sll=50.899693,-1.395056&sspn=0.157198,0.31929&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=50.9
02708,-1.40934&spn=0.019649,0.053988&om=1&iwloc=addr

Dr Graeme Earl
Lecturer in Archaeology
School of Humanities
University of Southampton