Just to alert you to the fact that we have Elizabeth France and Sonali
Patel speaking at our update sessions - as well as Rosemary Jay, Sue
Cullen, Louise Townsend, William Malcolm and yours truly (CP). Details
below - I'm sure that the agenda makes for an interesting session and
debate.

E-mail me if you want a brochure about the sessions sent to you.

DATES: 12th March in London; 19th March in Manchester; and 26th March in
Glasgow

Dr. C.N.M. Pounder
Consultant & Editor of Data Protection & Privacy Practice
International Law Firm
Outsourcing & Technology Group
Post-mail: 30 Aylesbury Street,
London EC1R 0ER, UK

					CURRENT AGENDA AND TIMINGS

10.00 -11.00 1. News Roundup  - a review of topical issues including
developments in the SWIFT saga, data sharing and data matching, child
protection, Passenger Name Records, the Commissioner's report on the
Surveillance Society, and the "What Price Privacy?" Report

11.00-12.15 (Session has a coffee/tea break in the middle)

		2. Current Legal Cases
National Security case (R v The Information Tribunal);  Douglas v Hello
update, HRH v Daily Mail, CSA v SIC, McKennit v Ash, Microsoft
Corporation v McDonald

12.15-1.10	3. Split sessions depending on location

		    (a) "Can we protect privacy while fighting serious
organised crime?" (Elizabeth France, Non Executive Director Serious
Organised crime Agency, formerly  Data Protection Commissioner,
Manchester).

		    (b) "The impact of wider data sharing on data
protection". (Sonali Parek, Head of Data Sharing Workstream, Department
of Constitutional Affairs, London)

		    (c) Review of privacy and data sharing  in the
Scottish context

1.10-2.00 (Lunch)

2.00- 3.00 	4. Review of Guidance issued by the Information
Commissioner (A review of the guidance which has come from the
Commissioner's Office over the previous six months.  This will include
an assessment of the recent guidance on the use of Council Tax data, the
NHS Electronic Care Record and Violent Warning Markers, together with an
assessment of the practical implications for data controllers

3.00-3.15  TEA

3.15-3.45 	5. Preventing and Penalising Fraud - a review of the
Consultation on Disclosure of Death Registration Information; the
introduction of the Fraud Act 2006 and related developments

3.45-4.15	6. European Review: Latest material produced by the
Commission, the Council and the Article 29 Working Party

4.15-4.30	7. Panel Session with Pinsent Masons' expert team

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please do not use or publish its contents, contact Pinsent Masons immediately on +44 (0)20 7418 7000 then delete it. Contracts cannot be concluded with us nor service effected by email. Pinsent Masons may monitor traffic data. Further information about us is available at www.pinsentmasons.com.

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl, a service from BlackSpider Technologies.