Dear All I have an issue with pupil access to their education records. Generally we have been applying the DPA (i.e. 40 days to comply £10 fee) however on looking at IC guidance (http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_a pplication/subject_access_- _right_of_access_to_education_records_in_england.pdf) it states that 15 days is the required time and that the sliding scale for fees will apply. I am presuming that the different fees and time scale relate to those included in the Education (Pupil Information) (England) Regs 2000. However having looked at the regs under regulation 5 it is the parent only who has a right of access to the Educational Records of their child (the 15 days and fees scale will apply along with proof of parental identity etc). This would mean that the child does not have a general right of access under the pupil regs but under the DPA therefore 40 days and £10 would apply. Can anyone shed any light on this as my main concern is that we may be applying the incorrect deadline (currently pupils 40 days, parents 15 days)

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]