Hello All

  We've a problem with occupational health records here which I'm wondering if anyone can help with.

  Basically, we've just changed our occupational health provider and I have been asked by our Personnel department about how existing files are to be transferred from the old provider to the new.  The problem here is consent - we have a letter from the new provider informing staff that their files are going to be transferred, why, how they are to be used and accessed, etc, and with contact details in case of queries, but we were wondering if signed consent to the transfer is needed.  Written consent was given to the old company, but now presumably written consent would be needed for the transfer to the new?

  The other issue is what to do with files where the transfer has been objected to - most contain information that the employer shouldn't see, but which needs to be retained.

  Any help gratefully recieved!
  Sarah Henning