-----Original Message-----
From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kevin Berwick
Sent: 15 January 2007 15:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] Confidential Survey and drug taking

Hi all

Have had a question from a colleague, that has me stumped
We did a self completion Questionnaire within some schools and we had a
6 year old return one that mentions taking drugs. Unfortunately we don't
have the childs name, but we do have school and year. Is there any way
round passing some information onto the relevant school in regard to
this problem?

The problem I have is that when the survey was done, it was a
confidential survey, ie no information would be passed back to the
relevant schools. I could argue that it is under the school/childs best
interest to pass this information across and the fact that drug taking
is a criminal offence.

Any ideas?

Kevin Berwick
Database Manager
BMG Research
0121 333 6006

All user commands can be found at
 Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner
  Full help Desk - please email [log in to unmask] describing your
needs