From: "Robin" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2007 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: 72 degrees in New York!

one should be cautious in jumping to conclusions without a broader analysis
of the temperature
records.  With only a short search, I found this statement on the weather
site: Accuweather.com

" New York City normally experiences a high of 38° on January 6; on
Saturday, the temperature peaked at 72 degrees, shattering the previous
daily record high of 63° from 1950 and tying the all-time high temperature
from the month of January, last set on January 26, 1950. "

... and looking forward and
backward in the historical temperature records for this week, you can
quickly find several days with
high temperatures in the high 60's for NYCity.

robin