On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 13:25:17 +0100, Wright, Steve
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>How many angels can you fit on a pin? Why even pose such a silly question?
Well it can effectively distract people with overlarge brains from
focussing on this world rather than the next.

>Jonathan is of course right. Why are we focussing on the speed of light
when we are a climate crisis forum? What we can be sure of is that our
collective mind will not solve climate change at the speed of light. The
rest is infantile....

I am afraid the "speed of light" (that is, fundamental) problems are the
only problems scientists should try to resolve (besides, you are not just a
climate crisis forum, judging from the initial description). The
destruction of human rationality through science education should stop.
Only in university auditoriums scientists' voices may be heard. Any other
activity, including shouting slogans at politicians, is inefficient. For
the moment the slogans I am shouting at scientists are also inefficient:

http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/discussion.asp?id=2645

Pentcho Valev