I am currently assessing a consultants report on a former infilled/landfill site (via planning). The consultants have conducted a hazardous gas risk assessment using a technical paper called Risk and Reliability in Gas Protection Design published in Ground Engineering in Feb 1999. They have suggested a number of protection measures using this paper. I am aware of the CIRIA Reports produced in 1995 and also that there is new CIRIA Guidance on the way, however, I was wondering whether anyone had used or approved this paper for risk assessment purposes with regard to developments on former landfill?

My knowledge of landfill gassing and developments on landfills is fairly limited so any suggestions on the correct UK approach would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

James Langley
Contaminated Land Officer

Environment and Health Unit
Restormel Borough Council
39 Penwinnick Road
St. Austell
Cornwall
PL25 5DR

=====================DISCLAIMER===============================
The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be privileged
and protected by law and are intended solely for the use of the person
to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message please notify the sender immediately, disclosure of its contents
is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Copyright in this email and attachment(s)
belongs to Restormel Borough Council unless stated otherwise.

Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium, Please note this lack of
security when responding by e-mail.

Please note that any views expressed in this email may be those of the originator
and do not necessarily reflect those of this organisation.