Hi

I got ubuntu working for me and some instructions detailing what worked
for me are on my wiki:

goto http://canyouanalysethis.blogspot.com/

and look at the article

      analysis on dapper drake & Edgy Eft

Wayne Boucher wrote:

>Hello,
>
>A couple of quick questions.  Are you using Tk graphics (definitely yes if
>you didn't install the OpenGL)?  And was the Python you are using compiled
>against the same Tcl/Tk that was used to compiled Analysis (otherwise all
>hell would break loose).  And if you are using OpenGL, the same questions
>go for the GL and glut libraries and Analysis.  (On some Linux systems you
>can type "lsof -p" to see what libraries have been loaded for a given
>process.)
>
>Wayne
>
>PS: Another Ubuntu user had similar problems with the installation script.
>It turns out the Tcl/Tk stuff is ordered differently (i.e. is in different
>directories) than in all our previously known systems.

basically lib and include are not under the same directory for tcl and tk
(I have had analysis working with gl on ubuntu with nvidia drivers but
use tk mainly as it seems to be less crash prone)

>I'll have to
>extend the script to deal with this situation.
>
>On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Mark Girvin wrote:

regards
gary

>>Hello,
>>
>>Does anyone have a quick recipe for getting "analysis" up and running on a
>>Debian (or presumably ubuntu) system?
>>

>>I've had a few tries at installing "analysis" on a debian system,
>>without full success.  Couldn't get installCode.py to work (with
>>pre-existing installed tcl/tk 8.3):
>>
>>"
>>could not find required files include/[tcl.h] and (lib or
>>lib32)/[tclConfig.sh] in /usr
>>"
>>
>>In Debian these seem to be in sub-sub directories
>>(/usr/include/tcl8.3/tcl.h & /usr/lib/tcl8.3/tclConfig.sh)
>>but couldn't figure out what to type in the installCode.py tcl path
>>prompt to have that fly.
>>

>>So tried the long way around, going into the ccpnmr/ccpnmr1.0/c/
>>directory, editing environment.txt, make, make links, creating the
>>ccpnmr/bin/ files, and ended up with something that displays the menu
>>bar on running "analysis", and will create a new project, but crashes
>>with a segmentation fault every time one tries to open a spectrum (at
>>least with the hsqc spectrum included in the tutorial tarball):
>>
>>"
>>CCPNMR Analysis Version 1.0. Release 13 (Copyright 2003-2006 CCPN)
>>Distribution created Mon Jan 22 11:31:05 2007
>>
>>If you use this software, please quote the following reference:
>>
>>Wim F. Vranken, Wayne Boucher, Tim J. Stevens, Rasmus H. Fogh, Anne
>>Pajon, Miguel Llinas, Eldon L. Ulrich, John L. Markley, John Ionides
>>and Ernest D. Laue (2005). The CCPN Data Model for NMR Spectroscopy:
>>Development of a Software Pipeline. Proteins 59, 687 - 696.

>>/usr/local/ccpnmr/bin/analysis: line 2: 32710 Segmentation fault
>>python -i -O
>>$CCPNMR_TOP_DIR/ccpnmr1.0/python/ccpnmr/analysis/AnalysisGui.py $1 $2 $3
>>"
>>
>>Am using python 2.3.5, & tcl/tk 8.3.
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
>>
>> - Mark
>>

>.

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: [log in to unmask]                   Fax  +44-113-2331407