On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Wayne Boucher wrote:

> At the same time I have changed the protocol used in the UpdateAgent when
> installing a new release from ftp to http, which will hopefully get around
> some firewall issues.

You'll most likely still need to have the http_proxy environment variable
set, depending on whether your site forces you to access the outside world
via a local web proxy/cache though.  A convenient way to achieve this on
many LINUX distributions is to create files:

/etc/profiles.d/http_proxy.sh:
declare -x http_proxy=<your.proxy.here:port>

/etc/profiles.d/http_proxy.csh:
setenv http_proxy <your.proxy.here:port>

so that you don't have to remeber to do it manually all the time. This is
also a handy place to create files that set the environment variables for
analysis etc.

--
Dr. Brian O. Smith ---------------------- B Smith at bio gla ac uk
          Division of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology,