I've just remembered another approach that I've heard suggested,
although I don't know anyone who has tried it.

Dissolve plenty of the small molecule in paraffin or silicone oil, and
use this mixture to cover the drop.  This can be used with regular vapor
diffusion or (probably better) microbatch-under-oil.  The oil acts as a
reservoir that contains excess small molecule that (you hope) will be
fed into the crystals.

Patrick Shaw Stewart

--
[log in to unmask]    Douglas Instruments Ltd.
DouglasHouse, EastGarston, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG177HD, UK