From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Daniel Adams
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 11:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: mlphare for SAD data

Hi everyone
I am trying to refine Se sites  (obtained by SHELXD) using Mlphare programme. The dataset is SAD dataset, space group is P1. When I try to refine 'xyz and alternate OCC and B values' with following script:

title [No title given]
labin  FP=F SIGFP=SIGF
   FPH1=F SIGFPH1=SIGF
   DPH1=DANO SIGDPH1=SIGDANO
labout -
    ALLIN -
    PHIB = PHIB_mlphare1 -
    FOM = FOM_mlphare1 -
    FH1 = F_aps_mlphare1 -
    PHIH1 = PHI_F_aps_mlphare1 -
    FHA1 = DANO_aps_mlphare1 -
    PHIHA1 = PHI_DANO_aps_mlphare1
fhout deriv -
    1
apply
cycle 10
skip 100
resolution 15.0 2.8
print AVE AVF
deriv Se
dcycle -
    phase all -
    refcyc all -
    kbov all
ISOERROR 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 -
    0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
ANOERROR 25.75 30.10 16.83 21.78 -
    15.89 23.29 26.93 29.55

The programme fails and shows following error:

**** IN SUBROUTINE MATSOL: DET IS LESS THAN 10E-30****
 **** Possible causes: *****
 You have an atom on a special position where one parameter must be fixed?;
 You have not fixed one  coordinate  in a polar spacegroup? eg: one XYZ in P1, one Y in P21; one Z in P3
 You are refining a property whch is indeterminate?
  eg: AX or AOCC without setting DPH; AX when AOCC equals zero

Is there something I am doing wrong in input file or I should  fix these parameters ? If yes how ?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Daniel

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete it from your system.