Dear Colleagues

It is vital to ensure personnel are properly trained.  However, this can be expensive and time consuming.    As an experienced trainer and Consultant I am developing a variety of unique remote training courses to enable organizations to access professional and affordable training.   The first course covers the core skills of time management.

Time Management – The Fundamentals

What's the course about?

On this course you will learn the core techniques of time management.  The emphasis is on introducing practical techniques that you can take away and apply immediately in your work.   It will include:

  • Thinking about what Time Management actually is.
  • How you could benefit from Time Management.
  • How you currently use your time.
  • What's holding you back from using Time Management at the moment?
  • Core Time Management techniques.
  • Ideas for how to keep up what you've learnt on the course.
  • How to make instant changes and energize you.
  • What to do when you get back to your desk after this course.

Taking part

As a delegate on Time Management  -the Fundamentals you will receive a day's personal training as part of a small group (no more than 6).   You receive an extensive Workbook which provides the basis for the course, plus all the information you need to access the teleconferencing and web-conferencing facilities.   All you need is a quiet room with a telephone.  If you have Internet access that is a plus but it is not a pre-requisite.  There are also no telephone charges as you dial a freephone 0800 number A few weeks after the course you will have a one-to-one telephone conversation with me to update your progress and discuss any issues you may be facing.    After the course you will receive a certificate confirming your participation.

Course dates

Courses are usually run every second and fourth Thursday in the month.  The current dates so far for 2007 are:

25 Jan

8 February

22 February

8 March

22 March

If you would like another date please contact me.  Evening and weekend dates are also possible.

Course Prices

£130 per delegate for the remote training package.  Weekend and evening remote courses (spread over 2 evenings) at a cost of £250 per delegate. Bookings for 5 or more people from the same organization booking have a 10% discount.   On-site and one-to-one training is also available and is tailored to the specific needs of the individual or institution.  Please contact me for further details and prices.

About my remote training service

My remote courses, delivered via teleconferencing and web conferencing, have many advantages for you:

o        Significant cost savings - no travel or overnight accommodation costs. Delegates train wherever is convenient for them. All they need is access to a telephone in a quiet location and Internet access if possible (although this is not a pre-requisite).

o        Significant timesavings  - staff do not need to travel and can even be available during breaks in training.   Courses are timed to fit well within the working day.  Evening and weekend training is also available at a premium.

o        Very competitive pricing - all courses are very reasonably priced with 10% discounts for groups of 5 or more.

o        Highly effective training – all courses are very personalised as no more than six people can participate in a course.

o        Unique follow-up support - to ensure delegates get the most out of the course the price includes a unique one-to-one debriefing several weeks later.   This works as a great motivator to encourage the delegates to implement what they have learnt.  It also gives them the opportunity to really embed their learning by discussing relevant issues. No other course offers such delegate support or great value.

o        On-demand training - Courses can be provided on the dates given or arranged for other dates to create truly on-demand training for your needs.

o        Flexible formats – in addition to remote training I also provide on-site training and a very effective one-to-one training facility.

o        Organization- and employee-specific training – courses can be tailored to meet your individual needs such as a corporate issue or a specific group of people within your organization as well as the very specialized needs of archivists.

All courses and course material are thoroughly piloted before they are launched.  The course material is professionally designed to encourage participation and enable delegates to gauge their own level of understanding.  The material also works as a vital aide memoire and action plan for use after the course.

Throughout 2007 I will be rolling out a variety of courses on general management skills including communication, assertiveness and personnel management.   If there's a particular area of interest to you do get in touch.  I am developing new courses all the time.

If you would like to know more or book a course please do not hesitate to visit my website www.elizabethoc.co.uk.  Alternatively do call me on 01939 234289 or email me at [log in to unmask].

Yours sincerely

Elizabeth Oxborrow-Cowan
Consultant Archivist
Archive, Management and Training Services for the Heritage Sector

Tel 01939 234289
Mobile 07719 609894
www.elizabethoc.co.uk

The information in this message including any attachments may be confidential or privileged and is for the use of the named recipient only. If you are not the named or intended recipient you may not copy, distribute, or deliver this message to anyone or take any action in reliance on it. If you receive this message in error please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system

Scanned by Sophos Puremessage