Dear all
I'm working with a client who has dementia and arthritic hands.  She is having trouble opening the front door to let her carers in after she has locked up and put the safety chain across.  She lives alone.  Ideally we would like to fit a key safe, but this will be difficult as sometimes she becomes locked in.  I've been advised that there is a door safety chain called a Bill Greenwood safety chain, which may be suitable.  It is easy to use and can be opened  with a key from the outside in an emergency.  Does anyone on the list have a supplier for this product? I've Goggle searched and have asked the Disabled Living Foundation.

With regards to the door locks, she currently has a Yale lock and finds it difficult to grip and turn, she also finds the small button catch difficult to push up and down.  Any ideas?  Something with a large lever type grip and emergency release from the outside is required.

Regards

Karen Tuff

Occupational Therapist

Calido OT Services

----------End of Message----------
Run by SURFACE for more information on research, consultancy and the distance taught MSc. in Accessibility and Inclusive Design programme visit:
http://www.surface.salford.ac.uk
Archives for the Accessibuilt discussion list are located at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/accessibuilt.html