Hi Gillian

There is currently no such tool to be found.  Because of that, myself and Dr Paul Duller (for HARG and RMS) have started a national project to create such a BCS tool for the NHS and health services to address corporate business records.  The project working group involves the DoH, IHRIM, CfH, TNA, and various other industry health and records management professionals from around the country.

I am happy to talk further on this project off list if you would like to email me.

kind regards

Karen

Karen Waite
Corporate Records Manager
Cornwall IT Services (CITS)
Megashed
Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust
Truro. Cornwall. TR1 3LJ

Ph: 01872 254500
Fax: 01872 254508
email: [log in to unmask]

>>> Gillian Barlow <[log in to unmask]> 13/12/2006 16:38 >>>
Dear Colleagues,  Does anyone have or know of a business function/activity classification plan for non-patient records in hospitals, that they would be willing to share or give directions to.  Thanks

Gillian F. Barlow
University Records Archivist
Queen's University Archives
Kathleen Ryan Hall
Old Medical Quadrangle
Queen's University
Kingston ON
K7L 3N6

Tel: (613) 533 2378

This email message is confidential and intended for the addressee only.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you have received this message in error, please delete all copies and
attachments and notify the sender.
Thank you.

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
and is intended for the attention and use of the named
addressee(s).  It must not be disclosed to any other person
without our authority.  If you are not the intended recipient, or a
person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient or
are aware that this e-mail has been sent to you in error, you are
not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message or any part of it.

We sweep all outgoing messages for the presence of computer
viruses.  However, we cannot accept any responsibility for any
loss or damage to your systems due to viruses or malicious code
not detected.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are
those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the
organisations within the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Health
Community.

This email may be disclosed under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.