Sent: 11 December 2006 16:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Retention

Dear list,

We are currently putting together a retention schedule for our Human Resources Department and audit have questioned the retention of disciplinary records.

I have recommended that we keep such records according to the RMS guidelines as these records cannot be used in any disciplinary hearing after 2 years.

Audit would prefer that the records are retained permanently, which I have suggested only be used for records relating to employees working with children.

The next issue was that our health declaration forms should be retained for 10 years instead of the recommended 6 years guided by the Access to Medical Reports Act 1998.

I would appreciate any comments.

Regards

Michelle

Michelle Darbyshire

Records Manager

Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council

Unit 1

Shortwood Business Park

Birdwell

Barnsley

S74 9NQ

Tel: 01226 787970

Internal ext: 6970

Mobile: 07786525438

Email: [log in to unmask]

*** Barnsley MBC Disclaimer:

This e-mail and any files attached are confidential for the use of the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender as soon as possible and delete the communication from your system without copying, disseminating or distributing the same in any way by any means.

Any views or opinions expressed belong solely to the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Council. In particular, the Council will not accept liability for any defamatory statements made by email communications.

Recipients are responsible for ensuring that all e-mails and files sent are checked for viruses. The Council will not accept liability for damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail. No guarantees are offered on the security, content and accuracy of any e-mails and files received. Be aware that this e-mail communication may be intercepted for regulatory, quality control, or crime detection purposes unless otherwise prohibited.

The content of this email and any attachment may be stored for future reference

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the Council of the City and County of Cardiff shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. All e-mail sent to or from this address will be processed by Cardiff County Councils Corporate E-mail system and may be subject to scrutiny by someone other than the addressee.

Mae'n bosibl bod gwybodaeth gyfrinachol yn y neges hon. Os na chyfeirir y neges atoch chi'n benodol (neu os nad ydych chi'n gyfrifol am drosglwyddo'r neges i'r person a enwir), yna ni chewch gopio na throsglwyddo'r neges. Mewn achos o'r fath, dylech ddinistrio'r neges a hysbysu'r anfonwr drwy e-bost ar unwaith. Rhowch wybod i'r anfonydd ar unwaith os nad ydych chi neu eich cyflogydd yn caniatau e-bost y Rhyngrwyd am negeseuon fel hon. Rhaid deall nad yw'r safbwyntiau, y casgliadau a'r wybodaeth arall yn y neges hon nad ydynt yn cyfeirio at fusnes swyddogol Cyngor Dinas a Sir Caerdydd yn cynrychioli barn y Cyngor Sir nad yn cael sel ei fendith. Caiff unrhyw negeseuon a anfonir at, neu o'r cyfeiriad e-bost hwn eu prosesu gan system E-bost Gorfforaethol Cyngor Sir Caerdydd a gallant gael eu harchwilio gan rywun heblaw'r person a enwir

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Verizon Business Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com