Tom

Try the Education (Pupil Registration) Regulations 1995 SI 1995 No 2089

Reg 7 Attendance registers required for 5 to 16 year old pupils

Reg 15  ~Every entry in an admission or attendance register shall be
preserved for a period of three years after the date on which the entry was
made.

If you are worried about negligence then consider until the child would have
reached the age of 24/25.  Adulthood plus 6 years (Limitation Act 1980)

Accidents to be recorded in BI 510 (or similar publication) and kept for
three years after the LAST entry.

Sounds as if you need to carryout a business risk assessment in conjunction
with your insurers.

regards

Keith
Batchelor Associates
Records Management & Health and Safety
http://surf.to/keith.batchelor

Although we have taken care to ensure this email and any attachments are
virus free we cannot and do not warrant it will be free of viruses.

Please ensure it is scanned by the latest anti virus software before opening