Dear Colleagues,

Sorry I can't let this one go without raising a query.

Is this right in your experience?

"Never ever rely on others"

Part of the risk in living is "relying on others".
We are all fallible, and perhaps have been hurt and
let down by relying on others......

but...... I have to rely on others e.g. in loving
relationships; for technical help beyond my skills:

 - my motor mechanic when I can't change a clutch
 - my surgeon when I agree to an anaesthetic

I know they may let me down, I may be disappointed, or
even be angry......but I have needed to invest trust
in people.

I guess it depends on what Alon means by "rely on".

Were you being 'ironic' Alon, perhaps?

I note that Alon has relied on Jack or Marie to
forward his e-mail.  What's going on here?

Have I missed the point?

Regards

Brian

=== message truncated ===