Barry,

Interesting comment you make.

I've just found Harry Seidler and Associates brilliant website, and the earliest
house they show is 1948, Rose Seidler house.

Unornamented brick houses often with curved fronts abound in Australian suburbs
developed I guess 1930s to 50s.

Must read 'Ornament and Crime'!

Nobody yet has helped me with the odd phrase 'lurch merchant'...

best from Max

This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au