Hi

I am new to the list and joined because this is the list closest to what I
am looking for, so please forgive my requests if they are outside any remit
of the forum.

I am trying to find out the meaning of middle english words and have found
an online dictionary, but it doesn't have the word "cairen" in it.

This is in line 29 of Piers Plowman by Langland and reads

29 - Coveiten noght in contree to cairen aboute
30 - For no likerous liflode hire likame to plese.

Any response will be very gratefully recieved.

Thank you very much

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]