Thomas Izbicki wrote:

> English:
>
> P. Wormald, The times of Bede (Blackwell, 2006).

This is a collection of studies, published very much posthumously.  A small
row broke out when the author's working library was dispersed earlier this
year, as he had a habit of keeping letters from colleagues in copies of
their books, and nobody had removed them - apparently they were not all as
innocuous as the one in the book I purchased!

(Discussing this with one professor, I queried why anyone would do this but
he said - apparently with feeling - "If I wanted to hide something from my
wife, I would put it in a book!")

John Briggs

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]