From: Anne Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Lists of (UK) Digital Projects
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:36:59 +0000

Dear Colleagues

At the Spring 2002 meeting of BRICMICS (the British and Irish Committee on Map Information and Cataloguing Systems http://www.cartography.org.uk/Pages/Membership/Curators/Toolbox/Bricmics.html ) it was suggested that the Committee should maintain a list of British and Irish digital projects, to include announcements of upcoming projects, details of those in progress or completed, and information about new maps on the Internet.

A list is now compiled twice a year, prior to BRICMICS meetings, by Anne Taylor of Cambridge University Library Map Department. The final version of each list, from November 2002 to date, can now be found at http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/maps/Digital.htm.

The intention of the list is to alert colleagues to projects which might be of interest. It is also hoped that it will help to prevent duplication of effort.

It is not, however, meant to replicate information already available on The History of Cartography website at: http://www.maphistory.info/projects.html or at http://www.maphistory.info/webimages.html

It is not the intention that contributions should be restricted to members of BRICMICS, so if you have any additions, corrections or comments please send them to me (details below). I plan to contact the email lists before compiling the next list in the Spring of 2006 to ask for additions - but there is no need to wait until then to get in touch!

Wishing you all the best for Christmas and the New Year

Anne

Anne Taylor
Head of Map Department, Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR
Tel: 01223-333041.   Fax: 01223-333160.   email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/deptserv/maps/

NOTE NEW VAT NUMBER: G.B. 823 8476 09