Dear Leslie,

DINI does not indent to be the institution that would develop
international guidelines. Because Guidance is what we think is the aim
of that initiative.
Information infrastructures esp. repository infrastructures are too
different between countries.

In Germany this helped to reach a quite high level of standardised
repositories.

We would very much like to discuss this approach as it is a centralistic
one, we know that, and the details esp. in Europe. We have had several
people thathad expressed interest in using this approach to develop
national strategies.

So under this context, your rematks are extremely helpful to see where
German Deelopments may meet international use.

All the best!
Susanne.